Sunday, June 12, 2016

Famous Last Words

Famous Last Words
author: Katie Alender
published: September 30th 2014
pages: 320
my rating: 3.5 stars














Willa is freaking out. It seems like she's seeing things. Like a dead body in her swimming pool. Frantic messages on her walls. A reflection that is not her own. It's almost as if someone -- or something -- is trying to send her a message.

Meanwhile, a killer is stalking Los Angeles -- a killer who reenacts famous movie murder scenes. Could Willa's strange visions have to do with these unsolved murders? Or is she going crazy? And who can she confide in? There's Marnie, her new friend who may not be totally trustworthy. And there's Reed, who's ridiculously handsome and seems to get Willa. There's also Wyatt, who's super smart but unhealthily obsessed with the Hollywood Killer.

All Willa knows is, she has to confront the possible-ghost in her house, or she just might lose her mind . . . or her life.

This book reminded me a lot of "Marie Antoniette, Serial Killer" also by Katie Alender but I liked this one a bit more. Both are mainly entertaining and not that creepy if you ask me. "Famous Last Words" was more mysterious though and didn't focus on the social life of the character as much as "Marie Antoniette, Serial Killer" which made it much more thrilling.


There wasn't that much romance, which I appreciated because I didn't want the mystery and horror story aspect to be secondary.
The things Willa experienced seemed random at times but it later all made sense. They weren't that creepy or anything but they piqued my interest and I wanted to find out more.

Willa herself was a really interesting character. She is hiding a lot of things and has built a wall between herself and others. Her motives and actions make more and more sense as the story goes on and more about her past is revealed. I liked Willa, she was an interesting and in my opinion well developed character.
Unfortunately most of the other characters weren't that good developed. A lot of characters seemed flat and just there to serve a certain purpose or weren't really necessary at all.

Since there weren't many characters in this book there weren't that many people who could actually be the killer. Personally, I still couldn't foresee how it ended and enjoyed how everything ended.

For me this book was mainly fun to read and entertaining. Just like with "Marie Antoniette, Serial Killer" I think if you don't take it too seriously you'll have a great time reading it.

Read my review on "Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer" here: Review

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!:)
    Here's my post :
    http://worldofabibliophile.blogspot.in/2016/06/the-liebster-award.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll write and upload my post about it as soon as possible:)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds quite interesting! I read the Bad Girls Don't Die series by her and absolutely LOVED it (Have you read it?), so I've been wondering about reading some of her other books. :-)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first book in the series so far but I hope to continue it soon it was amazing! The other books I've read from her aren't as good in my opinion but I still liked them.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Okay, I will keep that in mind, but I think I will read them anyway. :-)

      Delete