Monday, October 10, 2016

As Dead As It Gets

As Dead As It Gets
author: Katie Alender
published: May 15th 2012 by Disney-Hyperion
pages: 442
my rating: 4 out of 5 stars

This is the third book of a trilogy. There will be spoilers.
Bad Girls Don't Die review
From Bad To Cursed review

It's been three months since Alexis helplessly witnessed Lydia Small's violent death, and all she wants is for her life to return to normal. 
But normal people don't see decaying bodies haunting photographs. Normal people don't have to deal with regular intrusions from Lydia's angry ghost, sometimes escalating to terrifying attacks.

At first, it seems that Lydia wants revenge on Alexis alone. But a girl from school disappears one night, and Alexis spots one of Lydia's signature yellow roses lying on the girl's dresser the next day. Soon, it becomes clear that several of Alexis's friends are in danger, and that she's the only person who can save them. But as she tries to intervene, Alexis realizes that her enemy is a much more powerful ghost than she's ever faced before... and that its fate is tied to hers in ways she couldn't possibly imagine.

Not even in her worst nightmares.

Prior to reading this book, I was wondering how Katie Alender could possibly write a third creepy ghost book without it being repetitive. I can confidently tell you that somehow she pulled it of perfectly and I might actually like this more than the first book.


While I was a bit annoyed of the characters actions in the second book this wasn't a problem here. The situation Alexis finds herself in this time is way scarier than before.

The first huge thing: she can see ghosts in this book! And not only random ghosts but she can see Lydia's ghost! Even though Lydia is trying to kill Alexis I think she's amazing and way cooler than she ever was while alive (sorry Lydia).
The only negative aspect that bothered me about this whole thing is that the limitations of her ability weren't really clear to me. Alexis can see some ghosts but others only show up in photographs. This seems kind of random to me because there isn't a real explanation for it and seems to only be convenient for the development of the plot.

Alexis new boyfriend might be the person I hate the most in all three books. To be honest I would hate everyone she dates if it's not Carter but this guy had to also be someone I don't like as it is.

The suspense is way bigger than in the last two books because there are people disappearing and the only person that has a chance of stopping it is Alexis. By trying to do so she gets into a whole new level of dangerous situations and I couldn't stop flipping the pages.


This is the perfect ending to Katie Alender's trilogy and I can't wait to read more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment